Subject: [Leica] A trip on the Canal du Midi, France....
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:36:03 +0100

Hi all - sent this earlier, but it never turned up in my inbox. Sorry
if I've repeated myself:

Hi all from Ireland, where it's pouring, despite England having a
heatwave next door.

We're just back from a month touring France, where we took in a
week's cruise on one of the miracles of French 17th century
engineering, the Canal du Midi. This was the brainchild of of a
wealthy salt tax collector, Riquet. He poured his entire fortune into
it, and died broke six months before the project was completed.

Point your browsers at:

http://corkflor.smugmug.com

to see what we got up to.

Shots taken mostly with an M8 and my favourite pre-ASPH 35/1.4
Summilux, and with a Nikon D200.

C&C welcome as always.

Alex

--