Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 37: FATHER & SON'! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 07:09:55 -0700

Nathan Wajsman SHOWED:
Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 37: Seville and Granada

> The blog for last week is really a gallery showing a wonderful 2-day trip
> I took with my son, to Seville and Granada, on Tuesday and Wednesday.
> There are two parts, thus: the first part is Seville, my  favourite city
> in Spain, and the second is a visit to Alhambra, Spain's number one
> tourist attraction--and with good reason. It is all here, 38 images:
>
> http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=613<<<<<

Hi Nathan

I never thought of our connections as friends in this fashion until you
posted about traveling with your son and photography. :-)

My number two son Scott came out of the womb into a world of photography,
was swishing prints in the darkroom trays when he was  6 years old. He knew
how to film load and use a Leica by the age of 7 and make some interesting
exposures. Well OK they looked interesting! After all what are you going to
say about your son's abilities, but good stuff! ;-)

Eventually he began going with me to shoot professional football games at
13... His first roll of film, b&w. I told him not to waste it as that was
all he was going to get. He didn't blow anymore frames than his old man! ;-)
We sold 8 photos from that roll to the CFL for their next program.

And he continued to shoot sports with me as an assigned photographer to his
first international event in  Edinburgh, Scotland to cover the Commonwealth
Games. And he's covered winter & summer Olympics, Pan Am Games, Canada
Winter & Summer Games and professional sports of all kinds ever since.
Today? He has his own company:

http://www.imagecommunications.ca/about/

One of the neat side effects of this has been a father-son bond quite
different than many other father-son relationships. Because we have traveled
as two sports' photographers always trying to out shoot each other for fun
or in a challenging fashion. We've enjoyed travelling the world  and
excitement of new lands and sports events. Professional sports of all kinds.
Football, dirt track stock car racing, NASCAR, NHL hockey and the list goes
on. As do the many subjects he has covered on his own while on assignments
for various clients and Prime Ministers.

Then we have the moments that are just pure enjoyments of being father and
son, no life like it! :-)

I believe ours is rather unique due to our profession, however I realize
there are many father-son relationships of similar nature. But for me? Ours'
is extra special! :-) :-)

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 37: FATHER & SON'! :-))