Subject: [Leica] FF Leica People
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 16:35:08 -0400

While we've been slaving week after week crunching our weekly snaps to
upload as our FF Friday Flower LUG gallery someone else in the world was
using her Leicas to crank out flower after flower Leica masterpieces many in
black and white yet and go the extra mile and make gorgeous inkjet large
prints from them. Like 13 x 19's but a range of sizes.
And that person is photographer Jeanne Moutoussamy-Ashe.
And the two people standing in front of her prints here are New York (or
Philly) NYLUG'ers. Paul Winkfield  and John Lee.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/leicapeople/110922_195958b.jpg.ht
ml

And this the debut shot of my first Lug Gallery Gallery.  Leica People.
Which I will gleefully fill up with past snaps for my Leica friends I've run
into over the years. Mainly the ones I've met from the LUG, LHSA, and the NY
Leica gallery.

I'm going to soon have another gallery gallery of gallery goers of all
denominations. Some of them carrying Eos's no doubt. And looking at pictures
done with paint brushes. A project I've been working on for a few years now.
Mainly in Chelsea, NYC. And shot with Nikons popping fresh.

On this shot  the day before yesterday at the NY Leica gallery the reception
was Thursday for Jeanne Moutoussamy-Ashe: "A Flower is a Lonesome Thing and
notables of note" and there was free German beer for everybody and for those
of us  who are no fun nice fizzy water maybe from a melting glacier on
Iceland I'd like to think.
I'm glad the heat and humidity has broken. Those glacier's need a break.

The inkjet medium is a wonderful process for such subject matter. Flowers.
This show is worth a trip to NY just to see.

--
Mark R.

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] FF Leica People)