Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Alejandrina
From: rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 08:20:41 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----
> From: Tina Manley <images at comporium.net>

> I think I probably pushed the Provia but I also underexposed greatly.? Here
> is the original scan:

> Only the corn is glowing in the dim light.
>
> I tried a B&W conversion in Exposure:

> But I think I prefer the original color:

That's some SERIOUS post work! ? I think it came out very well, considering
where you started.? The grain's a bit noticeable but not out of line

The composition supports B&W if you were doing a series or an essay
in monochrome, though I think you'd have to punch the contrast up.? As a
standalone shot, though, I think I agree that the
color is preferable.? Color's too important in that part of the world to
leave it out... and it makes a timeless shot somewhat less "ancient
history."?

?
R. Clayton McKee
PhotoJournalist
from somewhere just south of somewhere else...