Subject: [Leica] Wedding fun
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 02:22:35 -0700

I just went to a wedding reception. The bride is the daughter of close
friends.  I've known her for over 20 years, since she was 9 years old.
She asked me to bring my camera, so the M8 came along. They had also
hired a pro photographer, who brought some truly heavy artillery:  A
D700 with Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 zoom. I took several lenses, but ended up
only using my 35 'Lux ASPH v.1. So she had 5 pounds (2.25 kg). around
her neck, I had about 2 pounds (950 g).

As it got dark, I was shooting at ISO 640 (really 800) at f/1.4, going
down to 1/15 to 1/10 second. The pro was shooting at 3200 at f/2.8. So
really we were about even, except that she had more DOF.   Eventually we
both had to violate our religious principles and use flash.  I'm really
interested to see the differences in our pictures.

Photos to follow.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] Wedding fun)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Flash (WAS: Wedding fun))