Subject: [Leica] 4D Truck Washout and Livestock Rest
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 20:09:48 -0500

On 8/30/2011 7:01 PM, Chris Crawford wrote:
> http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?prodId=699&category=41
>
> Another from Oklahoma

Chris,

These are all just excellent.  I live in Oklahoma City and have seen a
few things like this in the hinterlands (which some would say might
include OKC).  The best photo I ever saw was in Elk City, OK.  My wife
and I were returning from a photo trip in NM, having breakfast at a
"downtown" hotel.  I remember it because my dad visited there once and
had breakfast with Gene Roddenberry, who was in town for some
presentation.  Anyway, next door was what appeared to be a storefront
church.  I walked over and there were pews and a podium, and it was full
of bikers.  The elaborate emblem behind the podium said "Jesus Davidson
Christ".  This was before digital, and my smallest camera was a Linhof
Technica 4x5 on a tripod.  I thought for a brief minute, a very brief
minute, and decided not to interrupt the services and ask for a photo.
Maybe I will go back with my digital gear, if it is still there.

Ken

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] 4D Truck Washout and Livestock Rest)