Subject: [Leica] IMG: Weirdnesday
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:40:53 -0400

On Aug 24, 2011, at 6:07 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Vodka and the motorway do not belong together :-(
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> Alicante, Spain

Some years ago, when I was working in another city, the clergy of all
denominations met every week on a rotating schedule for breakfast.

It was customary, and regular, for vodka to be served at the breakfasts
hosted by one of the very large ethnic Polish (Roman Catholic) parishes.

And, it was consumed in what I regarded as large quantities?.along with
homemade kielbasa, lots of potatoes, mountains of scrambled eggs, black
bread?.

I never could figure out how the parish priests functioned, and they did
this EVERY day, not just when they had guests!

Ken
Kenneth Frazier
kennybod at me.com
kennybod at mac.com