Subject: [Leica] Marine hazards
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:49:14 -0400

As a hobby I publish a cruising guide to the Hudson River used by boaters
contemplating a trip from New York City to the Erie Canal, Lake Champlain,
and the Finger Lakes. The waterways around New York have been used for
marine transportation for 300 years and are replete with the remnants of old
piers, docks, and other marine structures. Most were erected on pilings sunk
into the river bed and never removed. Mark's photo is a perfect example of
the hazards that await any imprudent boater who ventures too close to shore
without a chart or some other form of local knowledge. The pilings and dead
heads shown would be invisible at high tide but might do a lot of damage if
the boat sinks down on them as the tide recedes. Another example of the
utility of photography. It's not just for decoration.
If any Leica toting boaters want a PDF copy of the current edition of the
Hudson River Cruising Guide, I'll be happy to send it to them.
Larry Z
- - - -

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/110820_185459.jpg.html

Shot with my 55mm 3.5 Micro Nikor @ f32