Subject: [Leica] New: What are "pros" using?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:42:17 -0500

On Aug 15, 2011, at 4:35 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> I like the third one and agree with Joe McNally.  I don't like the first
> two.  I still believe in the power of the still image over video that
> someone shoots just to have video available for TV.
>
> Tina
>
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 4:43 PM, George Lottermoser <imagist3 at
> mac.com>wrote:
>
>> Thought it would be interesting if we actually post links
>> with INTERESTING answers this question:
>>
>> Here's the first:
>> <http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/13/shooting-twice-at-once/>

I agree re: the power of the still Tina.

Though I also find it interesting that
increasingly "pros" are being called on to capture both;
and the equipment is becoming capable of doing just that.

It's the nature of the changing media demands
and the technology to do it.

In terms of photo journalism
when print on paper finally ceases to be
well - the writing's on the wall for the young aspiring photo journalist.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com