Subject: [Leica] Thinking about a D700 or D7000
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 22:46:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 "Frank Filippone" <red735i at earthlink.net>wrote:

>The point I was making is that not all of us on this forum are Pros....

>Although some amateurs can afford a $7K camera, I suspect, even on this
>well
>heeled list, that the majority of us can not.

>Generally speaking, this list is not sensitive to cost issues.  One of my
>pet peeves.....

>Frank Filippone
>Red735i at earthlink.net
Mine too.  I've been a professional (staff) photographer for 42 years, but I
can't afford to spend $7K for a camera (I don't do freelancing, so a camera
will not pay for itself).

Re: APS-C, on many candid-type jobs, I use two cameras - the 5D and my 30D,
always shooting RAW, and no client has ever complained about the quality of
the pictures.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee