Subject: [Leica] D700 or D7000
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:01:00 -0500

On Aug 14, 2011, at 4:21 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:

> George what this wide range of pros you have on your list here  all have in
> common is none of them would be caught dead with a APS-C camera in their
> hands with the exception of a couple who are shooting medium format.

Mark I have no doubt some (perhaps many) feel as you do.

I also know pros who wouldn't be caught dead
with anything less than medium format digital in their hands.
They don't carry anything smaller; and don't shoot without a contract.
And yet others who deliver files to clients on a steady basis,
from sensors smaller than 24x36,
even while they have so-called FF sensor gear in their cabinet;
myself included.

My regular clients depend on me to make the proper equipment decisions;
and deliver files which make their products, rooms, people and services look
good.
I've never had a file refused by a publication over sensor format issues.
I always deliver 300 ppi print resolution at whatever dimensions the client
or publication requires. I never plan a shoot which would present any
"noise" issues.
I've rented medium format when required (love to own - not going to happen).

George

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] D700 or D7000)