Subject: [Leica] Thinking about a D700 or D7000 long reply IMGs
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:33:49 -0400

> Sure does show the qualities of the DMR.  If I could only afford one or
> two Modular Telyt's, or the 280/2.8 and a converter... ;)  It is getting
> harder to focus the 560 these days, and it is not tripod friendly with its
> weight all forward.  I do love the R8DMR, but I have to look for another
> in case it dies. ;(
>
> gene

another sad fact, which I'm sure I will get into trouble mentioning here
;-) is that N glass is not too shabby, and put together with the
technology inherent in modern cameras, the N 300 f2.8 out performs my L
280 f2.8. It is NOT lighter, they are both beasts, its colour rendition is
a little cold for my liking, but I can 'adjust' that with the 'film' I
choose ie in the computer, but it focuses faster (autofocus is an art to
learn, but it is fast) it focuses well (I love the manual focus ring on
the L and its much better than the N, but the latter is useable and I
often do use it manually and the viewfinder is bigger than the DMR, which
is of course 'fenced off') its easier to hand hold (VR really works for
me) and so, for long lens work, I think I have a better chance of making a
good image of the world I see around me with the Nikon.

I still believe that the camera is taking more of the picture, and I was
always very 'proud' that my Leica images were really my work, my skill and
my end product more so than the Nikon images, but that's another story ;-)

Alastair