Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Hiroshima and Nagasaki remembered: Lanterns for Peace
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:13:15 -0500

On Aug 10, 2011, at 4:59 PM, tedgrant at shaw.ca wrote:

> I'm afraid history has passed many of our younger generations by when some
> folks attempt to show compassion for the past and it's horrors of war.
>
> May we Earthlings never again see the destructive force of a nuclear weapon
> fired in anger! Nor a similar situation as Chernobyl and the aftermath of
> that power plant disaster, particularly on children. Having spent time in
> the Ukraine & Russia photographing the children, survivors from the power
> plant I can only offer never again!
>
> The weapon doesn't just destroy a block or two and a great number of
> buildings! They will affect, given the size of some bombs developed in the
> arsenals of countries today, basically every human on the planet in some
> fashion or another.
>
> All one has to do is photograph a child, unknowingly as he took his last
> breathe and died as the camera went click! The lady doctor looked up at me,
> she didn't say a word. It was the look in her eyes and on her face as she
> held the little guy's hand for the last time. I lost complete control,
> stepped into the hall and cried like I don't think I ever did before.
>
> Any fool, regardless of country, worldly position in any country or
> race/religion who advocates the use of  nuclear weapons. Nor cares about
> those of the past, need be hung by their thumbs and severely thrashed!! The
> problem with that is.......... "Unfortunately only serves the tides of
> violence scourging the Earth from corner to corner. A shame!"
>
> Dr. ted
>
> PS: The photograph I referred to, actually all my photographs of those
> children were all shot with Leica M6's and R7's loaded with Tri-x rated at
> ASA 800! Souped in D76 1:1
>
> Truly....... Never ever again!

Unfortunately I believe we will see the effects of nuclear weapons and
nuclear melt downs again.
(though perhaps not in our life times)

Some among us seem to enjoy playing with toxic and dangerous shit.

I ran into an old acquaintance at this event,
who claims some authority on these matters.
He assured me that, of course, Japan has nuclear weapons.
He claims that he has been to Japan many times doing research on these
matters
and people in very high places
have told him, "we'd be crazy not to have them. of course we do."

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com