Subject: [Leica] (no subject) FIRE DANCER?????????
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 07:42:12 -0700

Peter Klein offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] (no subject)

" FIRE DANCER"

> > Does this work?
> >
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/VacationAug2011/L1008345_BWcrop-w.jpg.html>

> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/VacationAug2011/L1008345color-w.jpg.html>

Peter me old son, :-)
Just looked and read the work notes. Here's the KISS answer! :-)

Stop Knocking yerself out screwing with the colours under these
conditions!!!!!

I looked at the colour and my immdiate thought was...... this is out doors
at night and there's lots of smoke in the air. ERGO? It ain't going to look
like it did in real life! No matter how much time you click every colour
widget trying to do so. And she doesn't really look sharp of face even
though she is! SMOKE IN AIR EFFECT!

1/ Either accept it for what it is in colour and stop wasting time knocking
yourself out trying to do something with it?

OR?

2/ I clicked up the same shot in B&W and my immediate re-action was???????
Peter leave it be in Black and white as it looks great in that fornat! It
shows the action in better light..... it appears overall sharper and her
facial expression is much stronger, as are her eyes!

Sometimes forget the colour and go B&W when you can see such a sharp
destinction between colour and B&W! And b&w is the better of the two.
Sharper, cleaner image all round! If nothing else just look at her
eyes!!!!!! And that me old son is the defining part!

Yer welcome lad! ;-)
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)