Subject: [Leica] Riot photographs
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 18:27:50 +0100

Cameron certainly seems to be making a habit of being out of the country
when 'events' happen. As far as I'm aware he's not yet met the public in the
affected areas. If that's the case it's probably a political decision to
help maintain his image - the deputy PM went to the West Midlands and got a
very poor reception, as did the Mayor in London.

I don't think it's got to the stage of calling in the army, they don't have
the training for one thing. The police's problem was the scale of the
disturbances, they didn't have enough people to go round. There will be over
twice as many on the streets tonight, let's see if that does the trick.

Just as well this didn't kick off next year during the Olympics.

Steve

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Riot photographs)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Riot photographs)