Subject: [Leica] Length of shutter release on R cameras
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 19:39:36 +0930

I've just picked up an R5 I've had for over a decade, for the first
time in a few years.  One thing I love about the M cameras is the very
short, crisp shutter release.  The R5 has an insanely long shutter
release and worse, the release point is very difficult to predict for
me.  Do any of the R cameras (not the Leicaflexes) have a really short
sharp shutter release?  I'd rather not have to buy an R8 or R9 because
they are so big, but if they are the only choice I'll look for one.  I
am also not concerned about manual operation so if the R6 / 6.2 is
good, let me know.  Thanks,

Marty

Replies: Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Length of shutter release on R cameras)