Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Summer fun, and Fishing trip
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 11:14:01 +0900

Hi George,

...all the way to the table.  I'll remember that next time.

Thanks!

Hi, Ken,

the fish are 'yamame', a Japanese trout.  The English name is simlply
"masu trout', and 'masu' is Japanese for trout'.  They grow to about
25 cm, if they stay only in the river.  However, like salmon, they
grow very large if they go to the sea and return upstream later.  Then
they are called 'sakuramasu', which means 'cherry trout', because of
their flesh which has changed to pink.  The sakuramasu don't swim so
high upstream, where I like to fish, as the yamame.

Both are delicious, and I cook my yamame with salt, flour and lemon
rubbed in, then saut?e them.

Al the best,

Peter

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] IMGs: Summer fun, and Fishing trip)