Subject: [Leica] another cold weather photo
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:07:20 -0400

ken, this photo is so so beautiful!!

the wildlife tracks remind me instantly of subhankar's photos from alaska!
his book is very beautiful too.

http://www.subhankarbanerjee.org/

subhankar got into trouble for taking those photos because they
directly contradicted senator ted stevens' assertion in the senate
that there was no wildlife in the ANWR during the winter.
national geographic had arranged for his photographs to be displayed
in the capitol rotunda and senator stevens had them banished to the
basement cafeteria.

poor subhankar never did get to display his lovely photos in the
rotunda in the end.

he sat outside a polar bear den at -60C for weeks
to be the 1st person to get a photo of them waking up and coming
through in the spring.

i had the pleasure of meeting subhankar some years ago -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scleroplex/3455785790/
:-)
bharani