Subject: [Leica] Cold Pho
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 23:24:57 +0930

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:10 PM, George Lottermoser <imagist3 at mac.com>
wrote:
> In the heat of summer I recommend putting a minimal summer kitchen hot
> plate, grill, etc. out on porch.

Indeed.  Our Summer days often get over 45 C (113F) - in that sort of
weather it doesn't pay to make any additional heat inside.  The house
will already feel like an oven.  Find a shady place, set up a small
gas stove, hot plate, or fire, and stand back while the cooking
occurs.  If it's dry heat, hang a sheet on the clothes line, pour
water on it, and blow a fan over it or angle it into the breeze.  If
it's humid, well, find some ice.  If you're really feeling it, go
inside and turn the air-conditioning on and leave the food to it.  But
pho when it's really hot is just the best.

Marty

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Cold Pho)