Subject: [Leica] Pano Help needed
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:08:48 -0700

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:07:05 -0400
From: Kenneth Frazier <kennybod at mac.com>
To: Leica Group <lug at leica-users.org>

Folks,

Here's my first attempt at a pano shot, of Baltimore's inner harbor,
stitched from three shots.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kennybod/baltimore+inner+harbor.jpg.html

I need some assistance.  The photo has good detail, good color matching, but
lots of distortion at either end.

I put the three shots through LR3, then stitched them in Photoshop Elements
8.

Suggestions?  How to eliminate all the distortion?  Obviously I'm missing
something in the workflow.

TIA

Ken

Hi Ken,
I don't know if the full range of options is available in Elements 8 but in
Photoshop CS4
if you do the following:
go to "File" > automate > photomerge > add open files > cylindrical and then
check
1. Blend image, 2. vignette removal 3. geometric distortion correction,
CS4 will do the work and make you look like a genius.
Cheers
Howard (without hummers and orcas so far today)

Replies: Reply from roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark) ([Leica] Pano Help needed)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] Pano Help needed)