Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tribal Cirque dancers and acrobats
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:31:20 -0400

dear gene + ric,
that is all true.
but a teacher who pushes the parents is invaluable too.
it takes everyone.

and yes, chasing marks in some exam kills education completely.
it killed education in india 30 years ago already.
which is why you now have 1.1 billion people who know just what they need to
be good little employees
in whatever is the current popular field (information technology for the
past 15 years)
and absolutely nothing beyond that.
:-(
even worse are schools in india who throw good children out because they
"will bring the school's top grade average down in the annual state exam"!
the children per se do not matter, nor does their actual education and
development.
school bragging rights trump all!
bharani