Subject: [Leica] Digital vs film cost
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:24:16 -0700

Wow! Talk about a markup. I shot a lot of Provia back in the days, but
since I am only a hack amateur, I didn't bracket my shots and all
that, but they look fine enough to print 5' across on canvas so I am
happy.

Anyway, they were ~$6 a roll then. I think they are closer to $10 now
for the Provia 400X. Sensia is almost as good and a few bucks less. I
used to process my own E-6 in the Jobo and I remember all together it
cost about $.50 a frame, which wasn't bad for my usage.

I still have a couple dozen rolls of Astia / Provia / Sensia (gee, I
like Fuji stuff) in the freezer.

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
// richard's personal photo blog: <http://www.5pmlight.com>