Subject: [Leica] Digital vs film cost EYES!
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 18:52:26 -0400

oh my!

i pray it holds off for the next 20 years at least.

Avastin i hear is good!
:-I
bharani

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:47:29 -0700
From: <tedgrant at shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital vs film cost EYES!
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>

Jeeeeeeeeshhhh I don't know what you guys do as amateurs and shooting. But
when I started I bought 100 foot rolls of 35mm film and loaded as many
cassettes as I could.. 30 or more a week and by the following Saturday they
were all developed and started printing on Sunday. And that was working in a
service trade that had absolutely nothing to do with photography! Every
waking moment I was doing something in photography.

When I bought a Rollieflex 120, I bought & shot 20  rolls a week ( a brick
as they were called) for ages and never batted an eye about cost,  time or
anything else. Basically my wife who started me in this crazy world of
photography became a "PHOTO WIDOW!"

During my professional career and today,  photography is and has always been
29 hours a day, 14 days a week! :-) You don''t turn it on and off, it's
always peddle to the metal looking! Seeing, reacting, enjoying the visual
moment never stops, but I love it with great passion even though I do all
that with only one good eye!''

HOWEVER! WHAT THE HELL!! I have just had a major eye examinination on the
good eye only to be told I am in a state of:  "Macular Degeneration!" As I
understand, that basically means I'm on the way to becoming blind! Not today
or tommorrow,  but depending how quickley it progesses!

So lads move yer ass and enjoy your picture taking as much as you can! You
never know when the devil will cross yer path! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted