Subject: [Leica] Love Hope
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:39:47 -0600

In the part of Albuquerque I live in it would be hard to find anyone under
40 without a tattoo (or *with* a good job).  I was talking to one of my few
tattoo-less friends the other day (age 26) and she noted that not having a
tattoo was almost an act of social transgression these days.  She mentioned
a friend who had his last name (Martinez) spelled out on his arm in kana
characters.  It made me think of an old joke about someone who has some
Chinese proverb tattooed on his chest only to find out that it really said
"beef with broccoli."

I have another friend (age 40) who has an extremely graphic sexual image on
his shoulder.  His bosses require him to keep it covered at work and if you
saw it you'd know why.

A quick Google maps search found 13 tattoo parlors within roughly a mile of
my house.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE