Subject: [Leica] Down with Bambi.
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:06:55 -0400

Back in Washington state where I was stationed in the Navy (not
Bremerton) deer were deadly pests. There were easily more than 20
fatalities accidents between drivers and deer per season in our county
alone. Only the fence at the DMZ in Korea s high enough to keep them
off the roads so deer season was a big cleaning every single year.
Overpopulation of deer is dangerous to people, animals and after a few
seasons, dangerous to the deer herd survival.
They may be cute and all but those antlers are sharp and those legs and
hooves are extremely powerful. I'm all for thinning the herd in order
to continue the survival of everyone, including the deer. If they are
allowed to roam free without control programs in place, they can act
like a swath of an army with a scorched earth strategy.

Deer are very tasty too.

Phil Forrest

Message from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] Down with Bambi.)