Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunday Green
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 06:23:21 -0400

lovely image.
but is it chartreuse?
i started asking that question after reading john stilgoe's book some years
ago.
chartreuse may be more the colour of the cemetery urn curtain in "Diamonds
are Forever" right before james bond gets beaned :-)
bharani

"*Shallow Water Dictionary : A Grounding in Estuary English*
is a narration about two things: rowing a small boat in a sea of salt
marshes, and exploring a collection of general and specialized dictionaries
to learn why salt-marsh terms like guzzle have disappeared from United
States speech and even from dictionaries, despite being used by Thoreau and
other great writers. Partly about salt marsh ecosystems, partly about the
ecology of language, the book deals with such out-of-the-ordinary issues as
the inability of Kodak color film to accurately render the various colors
nowadays vaguely called chartreuse. "

Message: 36