Subject: [Leica] Pyromaniac Fireworks
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:48:17 -0500

On 7/10/2011 6:25 PM, Chris Crawford wrote:
> They did the tents in parking lots here as long as I can remember, but a
> few
> years ago, they started renting empty storefronts instead. I suspect the
> economy has caused so many regular stores to close up that there is a glut
> of commercial space, and this has made shopping center owners willing to
> rent a space temporarily to these companies that sell fireworks. In
> Indiana,
> it is only legal to sell and use fireworks a few weeks a year before and
> after July 4.

Fireworks are pretty big for fund raising now, so lots of big tents.  I
couldn't believe some of the prices - some aerials were $50, some
"family packs" $500.  I liked TNT Fireworks "about" statement: Our goal
at TNT? Fireworks is to provide safe and quality consumer fireworks...as
well as safe and sane items for California
<http://www.tntfireworks.com/products.php?id=CA>.  No surprises there I
guess.

Ken

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] Pyromaniac Fireworks)