Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 25 2011 ric (St. Agnes)
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:07:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 Ric Carter <ricc at embarqmail.com> wrote:

><http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2641988/pdf/jnma00693-0004.pdf>
>
><http://goodnightraleigh.com/2008/07/the-crumbling-st-agnes-hospital/>
><http://www.standard.net/topics/sports/2011/06/11/tudor-trying-right-jack-johnsons-grave-injustice>
>

>Hope these help whet your appetite

>thanks for looking

>ric
==============================================================================================================================================================
Thanks.  I'm amazed that it has lasted so long in that condition without
being torn down.

I spent my weekends in the 1970's trying to beat the bulldozers with my
camera in Milwaukee.  Eventually, my buildings album is going to have many
more pictures of buildings that no longer exist.
I was inside one mansion as they started to demolish the front of it.  It
had been a Knight's of Columbus headquarters, and before I made it out the
back I salvaged a handful of 8x10 B&W contact prints that documented various
social activities in the 1920's, including masquerade dances and Christmas
parties.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee