Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ten new film images from the Netherlands
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 13:02:56 +0930

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:
> Tri x was drastically re formulated very few years ago when they built a
> whole new factory for it . They had not anticipated digital when they did
> that of course.

The new factory was built largely because of digital and the predicted
decrease in film sales.  The old production line was difficult to stop
- once set up it was designed for near continuous production and of
large amounts of product; not ideal in an environment where film is
being sold in decreasing quantities.  The new factory is much better
set up for production of smaller batches.

It's not so far away Mark, go up there and take a tour.

> I think the new factory has already been closed down.

That factory is where all of Kodak's B&W films come from.

Marty

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: Ten new film images from the Netherlands)