Subject: [Leica] 43mm ( 50 Summilux ) Hood.... Cheap!
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 21:50:42 -0700

OK.. got my new lens shade.  Tapered in like a 35mm Summicron V3 or V4
shade.  43mm Threaded.  Metal ( probably aluminum)

The best part?  It fits a 52mm snap on Nikon sized Cap... although it is
vented, so dust can still get to the lens.....

Price???? $7

Right, one digit.  $7.  Did I mention that $7 INCLUDES shipping?

Look on Ebay.. a few vendors have them.....  Search for::::    43mm Leica
(Hood,shade)

Note:  If you were to buy a Leica hood for your pre-ASPH Summilux, it would
cost $100++ used.

If you were to buy a new hood for your current Leica lens, you would spend
upwards to $300.

Shame on Leica.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net