Subject: [Leica] FS: Leica IIIf Black Dial
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:31:56 -0400

I'm selling my Leica IIIf Black Dial.

The camera is a user in very good condition. According to the serial
number the body dates from 1951.
There is a bit of very slight pitting of the chrome plating on the top
plate. A very small cosmetic
dent/scratch is right above the rangefinder eyepiece and a very small
amount of rub marks which is the beginning of brassing. All of the
vulcanite is intact and tight as far as I can tell. The collar around
the shutter button is missing.
The body was serviced by Youxin Ye a few months ago. Youxin replaced
the shutter curtains, replaced the beamsplitter in the rangefinder with
a new one and CLA'd the body. It's in top shape now for a user Barnack
body. The shutter is a bit louder than other screwmount Leicas but it's
not obviously noisy. I'll pay shipping and fees. $350

Thanks all,
Phil Forrest

Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] NOIR)
Message from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] NOIR)