Subject: [Leica] Faces
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:12:14 -0700

> Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 08:39:15 +0530
> From: Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Leica] Faces
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> This photo is from March 2010, on the platform of New Delhi railway
> station, waiting for a train to take a bunch of us to Ranthambhore. It
> helped that there was this bearded foreigner, Howard Cummer, snapping
> away near me and therefore being the subject of all the attention! The
> pity is that the authorities, as stupid and paranoid as they tend to
> be anywhere in the world, have since banned photography at train
> stations in India, so this sort of photograph cannot be taken right
> now.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/People/_JGA6064d.jpg.html
>
> Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome.
>
> Cheers
> Jayanand

Hi Jayanand,
Thank you for the memory jogging photo!! It's a lovely photo.

I have a nearly identical one of the same faces in my Indian Tiger
folders.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/TIGER/DelhiPassW.jpg.html

Have you got a photo of the fellow riding between the carriages?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/TIGER/TweenCarsW.jpg.html

Next time we go on a tiger shoot (and I sincerely hope there will be a
next time)
I will try to take photos in the railway stations and then you can
take photos of the
police harassing me!

Cheers
Howard