Subject: [Leica] IMG: Introducing myself to LUG
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:42:16 -0700

Hello Max,
Welcome to the zoo! :-) You'll find us a wild and wooly bunch on topics
covering the world and the people on it.  Occasionally we touch on Leica
subjects! :-)

Even though we're a motley crew such as we are, we're a very wonderful group
of people who are quite honestly a "world class family!" If an unfortunate
event should happen to one of the crew or within their family, everyone
feels it."

And as in any family, we kind of snarl at each other on occasion. Which in
99.9% of the time are merely meaningless words as brother to brother or
sisters to a bunch of brothers. :-) Although some of us have had the
pleasure of meeting and greeting with a name on screen, a warm hand shake
and face to face warmth of meeting a friend. We trust maybe we'll have a
similar opportunity with you at one of the gatherings that occur across
Planet Earth occasionally.

But be aware we have a crazy thing at a gathering, it's called "A Leica
Stacking event." Have no fear it's always done with the greatest of care and
I don't believe we've ever had a complete "crash & burn" of Leica's. :-) But
do practice holding your breathe as this event can give you the shakes when
there are 10 or more Leica M's stacked one on the other in some precarious
fashion. Well it kind of looks that way! :-)

C&C's "comments & critiques" are asked for by some when posting a photo.
Often these open great discussion and many of us learn something we never
knew about a technique or other bit in photography, despite some of us
having a longtime playing in this wonderful world of photography. C&C's are
never personal about each others photos..... these are offered to assist a
fellow photographer to become a better photographer. And we all want to
become that!

If you haven't yet met our wonderful saloon keeper, the great one at the
helm of this list, Mr. Brian Reid of California. You will find he's quite a
nice quiet sort of chap. If you screw-up in bad mouthing and or foul
language you will find him to become un-gentle.

As we've all offered in previous posts, glad to have you aboard!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

tedgrantphoto.com
Victoria, CANADA.