Subject: [Leica] OT: Help with Nikon File Numbering
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:39:04 -0500

I have a problem that I hope all the Nikon users on the list might
help me solve. I have a project I've been doing for a year or two for
which I need all the photos in numerical sequence for a database. Not
a problem, I thought, just set my D200's file numbering sequence to
ON. Worked like a charm. But I recently purchased a new Nikon body to
use instead and the new body wants to start file numbering at
DSC_0001. (If forgot to mention the new camera takes SD cards instead
of the CF cards the D200 uses). Anyone know of a trick to fool the
file numbering system to start at DSC_4020 instead? I really hate the
thought of having to rename each file when I transfer it. Help!

Jim Laird

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] OT: Help with Nikon File Numbering)