Subject: [Leica] Another R option (now M9)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 04:46:36 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

H&E Cummer wrote:

>If you go now to a public event - like a demonstration or a sports event -
>the chances of seeing a Leica in the hands of a working professional
>photographer using it for his work is about 1 in 1,000 by my observation.

There's much more to photography than demonstrations and sporting events.  I
know some people use Leica M in part because the alternatives are too big to
carry while walking miles in the mountains and in part because of the
outstanding results.  Tina comes to mind.  I'd not call her work Sunday
Photography.  For everyone we know of whose work we admire and who uses a
Leica there are many others who are unknowns, whose work is equally not
Sunday Photography.  The camera doesn't have to be on public display to be
put to good use.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com