Subject: [Leica] Leica R9 feels wonderful, minor issue with 80-200 f4 zoom
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 08:19:27 -0700

Vick Ko SAID & ASKED:

>I just got a "new to me " Leica R9.
>
> Gotta tell you, the camera feels wonderful in my hands.  It fits really
> well.
>
> And works just great - I've complained about shutter lag in R7's and other
> R cameras.  I also have an R6.2 and that is about the only R that I like.
>
> But, I do have one niggling issue - on the R9, with the 70-200 f4 Vario
> Elmarit zoom, when I set the f stop to f/4, the R9 shows it as f4.8.  All
> my other lenses are read correctly by the R9, so I figure it is a minor
> thing with the lens.

> First - anyone else know of this issue (f4 reads as f4.8)?<<<<<

Hi Vic,
I think the instant quick fix for this is.... shoot a bunch of frames where
the f.4 is set. But" SHOWING F.4.8" and look at the images! If they look
cool and nicely exposed............. "THERE IS NO PROBLEM! JUST SHOOT AWAY
AND ALL WILL BE WELL!"

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Leica R9 feels wonderful, minor issue with 80-200 f4 zoom)