Subject: [Leica] Leica R9 feels wonderful, minor issue with 80-200 f4 zoom
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 09:56:42 -0400

Vick Ko wrote:

But, I do have one niggling issue - on the R9, with the 70-200 f4 Vario
Elmarit zoom, when I set the f stop to f/4, the R9 shows it as f4.8.
All my other lenses are read correctly by the R9, so I figure it is a
minor thing with the lens.

First - anyone else know of this issue (f4 reads as f4.8)?

Second - anyone know of an easy DIY fix?
<<<

Third - where did you find a 70-200 f/4 Vario?  I know of:

80-200mm f/4.5
75-200mm f/4.5
70-210mm f/4
80-200mm f/4

Might be a matter of adjusting the 3rd cam.  Adding ROM contacts to the
lens would probably work too.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com