Subject: [Leica] New OT Gears Acquired
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 05:46:41 -0700

I used my 4x5 and the center section for my panoramas.  Works fine, but
certainly roll film is a LOT easier to deal with.

As I remember it, you need something to cover the 5x7 format..... in order
to "get" the 6x17 angle of coverage you need.....

Check out this site for possible solutions....

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lenses/  they show different formats,
"extra" rise and weight.

If budget allows, the Super Symmar XL is a well respected lens.....

However, almost all these lenses are pretty big and heavy, and more to the
point, look pretty delicate ( big hourglass shape ).  Not the best for walks
in the woods....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Isn't it sweet? And since I am a pano person, and I have no experience with
sheet film anyway, this could be perfect for the cases that I want the "big
gun."

I bought a Fujinon 90/5.6 SWD :-) Found one used in good condition.

Now I am looking for a 150, can't find an APO Sironar yet (well, not used
within my budget)...

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] New OT Gears Acquired)
Message from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] New OT Gears Acquired)