Subject: [Leica] Leica pricing
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 12:06:38 -0400

The first Leica digital camera I bought, the Leica Digilux Zoom, was simply
a rebranded Fuji 1700 Zoom. Leica charged almost 40% more for it. That's a
lot to pay for a red logo. Fortunately I got a deal since B&H could not sell
the cameras at Leica's price. They also threw in a copy of Photoshop.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Digital+Leica.JPG.html
Aston Martin has orders for 400 of the $50,000 minicars. That's $20 million
USD, less the cost of the cars and leatherwork. Probably a neat profit of
$10 million. Not too shabby.
Larry Z