Subject: [Leica] IMG: Grandma Hannah
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 20:08:25 -0700

Peter Klein SHOWED:

> Continuing with the roll of Tri-X from 1970, here's my paternal
> grandmother:
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/family/kleinfamily/110524-0012GrandmaHanna-w.jpg.html>
>
> Bronx, NY.  Co-Op City, to be precise. Canon TL-QL and 50/1.8 that came
> with it. Tri-X in D76.<<<<<<<<<

Hi Peter,
Regardless of any photo technical aspects, what this photograph means far
more for me,  maybe my being 82 year old the other day? It is the photograph
itself of a family member! No question!
No matter what camera used and or subjects we may shoot during our lives
professionally or as an avid amateur. The most important for each of us are
the images we shoot of our families.

These are the records for future family members for years to come. "The
family album" as such is the first thing many humans think of when a fire
occurs in their home! Get the family album and the other stuff later. That
is a cry most often heard by fire fighters than nearly any other phrase....
"The family Album!"

So your photograph with all it's wonderful memories, makes' it a priceless
part of your family for years and years to come.

I think we should all be so lucky to have photo records that go back like
yours.
cheers,
ted