Subject: [Leica] WTB: Black Leica R9
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 17:32:53 -0400

Vick Ko wrote:

Yeah, it was bundled with a DMR.  Perhaps I should have kept the body.
<<<

20/20 hindsight.

But, question - is a late model R8 "just as good"?  I'm trying to get
clear of the film scratching issue, and the issues with the meter
sensors degrading early.
<<<

Neither of my R8 bodies have scratched film, but then neither has seen a
roll of film in several years ;)  The meters cells have been fine, too.
However if I had the cash I'd swap them for R9 because the R9 weighs less
and its metering mode / off switch is idiot-resistant.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -