Subject: [Leica] Bad luck with Hong Kong battery
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 07:26:43 -0500

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Herbert Kanner <kanner at acm.org> wrote:

> After both Dr. Ted and Tina said that they had had good experiences with
> M8/9 batteries from Hong Kong, I ordered one. I charged up that battery and
> put it in a drawer. A month later, I put it in the Leica and found that it
> was dead. OK, I thought, a month is quite a while, though Li ion batteries
> are not supposed to leak current. I recharged it and put it in the camera.
> Two days later, it was deader than a doornail.
>
> I guess I got a lemon. Will have to order another one or two; damned if
> I'll pay Leica's price.

All of the ones I bought with Leica branding are working, including the one
that came with the camera. One Leica battery has a broken case and is taped
together, but works just fine.

None of the Hong Kong brands have ever held a proper charge, nor do they
shown a full charge on the camera lcd.

Same goes for the Adorama battery.  It is somewhat better, but it comes out
of the charger showing about 3/4 on the lcd, and I just use it until I get
nervous.

p.s.  I also buy Sheaffer brand ink cartridges for my pen. ;-)

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/