Subject: [Leica] Golden Eagle - uno mas
From: rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 21:43:18 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 5/24/11, Lluis Ripoll <lluisripollquerol at gmail.com> wrote:

> Very nice capture!

Thank you.  Fair bit of just plain luck in it.  I was up at the Renaissance
Festival, and I'd been trying for a nice head-and-shoulders of Forever while
she was on Mr Karger's fist.  Someone in the crowd wanted to know how long
her wings were, so he raised his arm and she baited, and I swung the camera
and pushed the button, just that fast. The background color is the sunset,
and there's fill flash in there for detail in the feathers, and the drag
shutter just made it into something a little special. Pure reflex and
everything fell into place.

> Why did you put in Spanish "uno m?s"?

Well, everyone was posting Golden pix, and I remembered this one, so I
thought I'd dig it out and add it to the series.

"Uno M?s" is close to a mantra, for me.

When I was in Ecuador, roaming around with a bunch of other shooters, our
tour guide gave us all nicknames.  I was the guy always wanting to try a
different angle or get a better expression or different light.. ("Me gusto
pero... uno m?s")  so I became "Uno M?s." ("Se?or Uno M?s" if we're being
formal....)

It seemed to fit, and it was a happy time, so it's become the thing I mutter
to myself to stay mentally focused when I'm approaching the end of a shoot
or a story....

R. Clayton McKee
PhotoJournalist
from somewhere just south of somewhere else...