Subject: [Leica] Space shuttle
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:47:44 -0400

Phillipe writes:

I would have tried to give a more artistic rendition of these - for

instance the roof spoils the beautiful object IMHubbleO

Thanks for sharing

Bien cordialement

Philippe

Le 18 mai 11 ? 00:27, Lawrence Zeitlin a ?crit :

The Endeavor space shuttle is making its very last voyage. After it

retires, NASA will only have one functioning space shuttle left. Many of us

have seen pictures of the shuttle takeoff and landing but how many of us
have

seen what it looks like from the rear. Here is a picture of the aft end

of the Enterprise, now on display at the Smithsonian's Udvar-Hazy aircraft

museum. For anyone interested in aviation in the Washington DC area it is a

must see visit.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Enterprise+on+display.JPG.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Enterprise.JPG.html

These are the nozzles that push it into orbit after the boosters

drop away.

Larry Z

No argument, Phillipe. These were hasty hand held record shots taken with a
Canon 1200 P&S camera the size of a credit card. However I am really
impressed by the apparent quality of the images from a camera that cost $130
at Best Buy. View them large to see what I mean. There is no need to carry a
$7000 Leica for pictures that will be displayed on the web or end in a
shoebox.

Larry Z