Subject: [Leica] Hot news! There is life in film yet.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:28:10 -0700

Lawrence Zeitlin OFFERED:

> Teen agers are discovering the joy of film photography. No Leicas but
> plenty
> of Holgas, Canons. and Minoltas. According to the CNET article film camera
> sales are rising.
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20062810-93.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&tag=nl.e703

Hi Larry,
I don't know about film cameras rising in sales? Simply because my grandson
who is about to graduate from a photography school here in Victoria, has
been using an M6 shooting film during the past 10 months besides his digital
cameras. Lots of film left over from my ancient days of film. :-) B&W, slide
E6 & colour neg! Near cleaned it out by now!

This is something he has done on his own. WHY?

When I asked him, he responded with? " Well you shot thousands of rolls of
film and souped them so I thought it would be a good idea if I learned! Just
in case!" He has shot lots of rolls of film, loves it! WHY? "Well I have
negatives to look at on the light table later! And that's cool!" :-)  Youth?
You have to love some of them as they look at the future as a place to kick
ass and be successful! He will be! He's got the right attitude! :-)

And on 24 May he turns 21 years young and is absolutely gung ho about
photography, photojournalism and shooting video! And is a natural writer,
physically going to be a good looking young guy in front of a TV video
camera as a broadcaster if that comes to be. There isn't going to be any
holding him as he says .... " I want to be as great as you are grandpa! But
I'm aiming at being better!" Then he smiles and winks at me! :-)

The school no longer teaches anything about film, nor processing! However
when you have a grandson who came out of the womb into a world of
photography and film for the past 21 years? Damn right he's going to know
how to soup and shoot film, digital and stand in front of a camera! And
sound and look intelligent!

No concerns about this young fellow's future as he's going to do just fine!
"OR I'M GOING TO KICK HIS ASS ALL OVER THE PLACE!" ;-) And he knows that!
:-)

cheers,
Grandpa ted :-)

Replies: Reply from charcot at comcast.net (charcot) ([Leica] Hot news! There is life in film yet.)