Subject: [Leica] I'm back....
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 10:53:02 -0400

On May 13, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Robert Meier wrote:

> r you won the lottery.  Good to hear from you again.   Did you sell that
> Rolleimagic?

No, not yet.   I noticed on a couple of sites that good condition 'magics
are fetching a decent price, and this one is excellent.

As for hitting the lottery....what I did was calculate what it would cost to
get a high quality full-frame DSLR, with top notch lenses, and compared that
to the cost of buying an M9 body so I can use all the Leica glass I already
have have.

For me, it was a no-brainer.

So far, using my Summicron 50/2 and 35/2 Asph, and my Tele-Elmarit 90, I'm
blown away by the quality of the images.

I've got a lovely Summarit M, 50/1.5 I used for black and white film work,
and I'm going to try it on the M9.  It doesn't show up in the lens list, but
I assume it will work anyway.

We had a fund-raiser luau event here last weekend.  I shot a bunch for fun,
with the M9, printed about a dozen color 8x10's on my cheap Canon office
printer (IP3600), and they are great!

Made a full-frame believer out of me!

Ken
Kenneth Frazier