Subject: [Leica] More Blurb Experience
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 16:35:24 -0400

I think I've done my last Blurb book using BookSmart (Blurb's free
software). It's a real nifty app, especially for those who don't do page
layout.

BookSmart is template based. It can be customized to almost any degree you
want, but it's tiresome to do so.

Blurb now has the ability to use PDFs. So, I made my first book using
InDesign. I work in it every day, so I didn't have to think through every
action. It was MUCH quicker for me.

The disadvantages I found:
* You must upload a full book for each cover you want available (increasing
the number of copies you must buy)
* Sizing the soft cover is a pain in the butt
* Larger upload

Advantages:
* Could make a version to put on Kitty's iPad
* Using any page layout software you like that will export a PDF--that's
every Mac app now

The new one is a collection of my 2008 PAW. Full preview is available on
Blurb.
Softcover: <http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/2171268>
Hardcover: <http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/2148694>

My last BookSmart production was PAW 2004-2006
<http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/2010333>

Others:
A Wanderer's Bouquet
<http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/1152294>

Signs of Life
<http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/303545>

Next up is 2007 PAW with its 25-year WayBack brother.

Ric Carter
http://cartersxrd.net
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/
http://www.youtube.com/user/cartersxrd