Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bench View IV
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 10:14:28 +1000

Bob I agree that the background looks slightly artificially lighter and a
little disconnected from the main subject. Some of that impresson for me may
have come from the front to back sharpness which is not what my eyes
expected perhaps. Contrast of course is intertwined with apparent
sharpness too.

If something looks too perfect my Photoshop trained eyes now flash on amber.
This is part of the HDR conundrum for me personally as well. I do exempt
photographs where the perfection is an accepted or at least expected part of
the process (fashion comes to mind)

As part of my personal learning curve there my benchmark has become "if the
viewer can see what I did I didn't did it good and need to re-did it gooder
than I did".  Possibly I need a five foot wide monitor to inscribe that
across the bottom.

Cheers
Geoff

*Life's not black and white, except at both ends*
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Message from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] IMG: Bench View IV)