Subject: [Leica] Just Passing (Ted's help)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 08:04:17 -0700

Chris Crawford OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Just Passing (Ted's help)

> Ted,
>
> I was surprised to see you manipulate a photo like that. Photojournalists
> usually hate that kind of retouching. You did an awesome job of it though.
> remove little pieces of trash from my photos all the time, for the same
> reason you did with Luis's photo, but I have a hard time with large things
> like the newspaper...hard to make it look natural.<<

Hi Chris,
Thank you. I actually do very very little of this kind of "touch-up,
re-touch thing."  Like most folks I spot little dust zits and that's about
it.

But I liked Lluis photo very much and thought the cropping suggestion
offered earlier would take away the reflection as I understood the
suggestion?

So I clicked on the spotting icons and very carefully began spotting away.
The very best thing is? If you screw-up? You can un-do and start over....
certainly one of the great things about Photoshop and computers. :-)

And no I don't fiddle my working photography as I believe if you don't shoot
it right the first time, don't mess with later. Certainly if one is working
on a documentary project.
cheers,
ted