Subject: [Leica] Computer Help
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 23:24:18 +0000

Speed is an issue with most/all NASes compared to local storage. I work off
an eSATA connected RAID5 set (~200MB/s speed) then copy to the NAS (which
rsyncs with a second NAS (both Infrant/Netgear NV+ with RAID 5) in a
different location) for safe(r) keeping.

john

Thanks Jeff, that sounds interesting. The issue with the WD seems to be
speed. The ethernet connection and software seem to make it the slowest
thing on the planet. I will discuss this with WD today, promising to slag
their sharespace if they cannot get me up and backed er I mean backed up

Message from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Computer Help)
Message from jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Computer Help)
Message from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Computer Help)